How to Maintain Your DSF Scholarship When Transferring
DSF Scholars who decide to transfer between academic years should select your transfer college when completing your DSF renewal application for the next academic year, or use the College Choice form on the DSF Student Portal dashboard after your application has been submitted. The deadline to update your college choice for the 2021-22 academic year is July 15, 2021. Keep in mind that you must attend a DSF college partner and meet all DSF scholarship requirements each year.
DSF Finalists who are awarded a DSF Scholarship during the Fall 2021 term may be considered for a Winter/Spring award at a different DSF partner college if they transfer and submit the Mid-Year Transfer Form on the Forms tab of the DSF Student Portal to DSF by February 1, 2022 and the following conditions are met:
- A transfer is required to stay on track for your degree pathway:
- You graduated with a certificate or associate’s degree in the Fall or Winter term and are transferring to a different DSF partner college to continue on your program’s degree path in the Winter or Spring term; or
- You have completed all basic requirements at your current institution and must transfer to a different DSF partner college to complete your degree program (i.e. completed all course requirements at a 2-year institution and transferring to a 4-year institution to stay on track for a bachelor’s degree); or
- After careful consideration of the potential impact of your transfer, you have decided that transferring to a different partner college will better allow you to stay on track for your degree based on academic/financial/social fit.
- Received a DSF Scholarship award in the Fall term (or the only reason you did not qualify for a Fall award was because your years of eligibility at your Fall college type had expired); and
- Met Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) during the Fall term; and
- Completed your DSF Student Success Requirement (SSR) during the Fall term; and
- Completed your financial aid file at your new institution by February 1.
After you submit your completed form and transcript to DSF, DSF will send the form to the Campus Contacts at your fall and intended spring college for their approval.
DSF Scholars at CCD: Learn about the SEED Program
ATTENTION DSF SCHOLARS AT CCD!
DSF Scholars at the Community College of Denver (CCD) have the opportunity to participate in a special program for students who are interested in transferring to a four-year university like the University of Colorado Denver (CU Denver) or Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver).
DSF Scholars at CCD who intend to transfer may be eligible to participate in the SEED program (Students-Empowered-Educated-Determined). Through SEED, students receive individualized advising, access to special events, application fee waivers at CU Denver & MSU Denver, and additional assistance through the transfer process. Whether you plan to transfer next semester or in two years, SEED offers the support you need to be successful.
- Metropolitan State University of Denver Transfer Website
- University of Colorado Denver Transfer Website
To find out if you are eligible, contact Cynthia Gallegos at CCD at 303.352.6964 or email@example.com.