Full-time Enrollment Requirement
DSF Scholars must enroll full-time (at least 12 credit hours per semester or quarter) to be considered for a DSF Scholarship award.
Only LIMITED exceptions will be considered for part-time enrollment. With pre-approval as described below, you may receive a prorated DSF Scholarship award while enrolled less than full-time (but at least half-time).
If you are unable to enroll full-time for any term during the 2021-22 academic year (but will enroll at least half-time), you may obtain approval if you meet the requirements for one of our limited exceptions:
- Enrollment in a technical certificate program (pre-approval not required); or
- Enrollment in an academic program designed to be less than full-time (i.e. internships, study abroad, accommodations for learning differences); or
- Fewer than 12 credit hours are required to complete your associate’s or bachelor’s degree; or
- One term only during your four years of DSF Scholarship eligibility:
- You must complete developmental education or prerequisite requirements before enrolling full-time; or
- Part-time enrollment is a condition of an academic appeal.
Instructions to submit the Part-Time Enrollment Form:
- Review the Part-Time Enrollment form (in the Forms tab of the DSF Student Portal) with your DSF Campus Contact or Academic Advisor;
- Go to the Forms tab of the DSF Student Portal to complete the Part-Time Enrollment form.
- Once you submit it to DSF, we will ask your DSF Campus Contact to review, and notify you of the outcome.
- Submit the signed form to DSF by July 15, 2021, for the Fall term or February 1, 2022, for the Winter/Spring terms.
Special Circumstances due to Covid
DSF is considering appeals for COVID-related part-time enrollment through Spring 2021. This could include:
- Concerns about success in online learning
- Course availability that fits the student’s learning and safety needs (for example, college is not offering needed classes)
- Needing to work additional hours to cover lost income (yourself and/or family)
To request an Appeal for Part-Time Enrollment due to Covid, or for other Covid-related concerns or possible appeals, please contact the Scholarship team at denverscholarship.org/contactus or 303-640-6564.
Enrollment without pre-approval:
If you enroll less than full-time without an approved Part-Time Enrollment form, you will not be eligible for the scholarship for the term(s) in which you are enrolled part-time. You must continue to meet all other DSF Scholarship requirements to be considered for an award when you increase to full-time enrollment.
15+ Credit-Hour Completion Awards
NOTE: IMPORTANT CHANGE
The credit completion incentive award, for successfully completion of 15 or more credit hours, has been discontinued and will no longer be available as of Fall 2019.