Full-time Enrollment Requirement
DSF Scholars must enroll full-time (at least 12 credit hours per semester or quarter) to be considered for a DSF Scholarship award.
Only LIMITED exceptions will be considered for part-time enrollment. With pre-approval as detailed below, you may receive a prorated DSF Scholarship award while enrolled less than full-time (but at least half-time).
If you are unable to enroll full-time for any term during the 2018-19 academic year (but will enroll at least half-time), you may obtain approval if you meet the requirements for one of our limited exceptions:
- Enrollment in a technical certificate program (pre-approval not required); or
- Enrollment in an academic program designed to be less than full-time (i.e. internships, study abroad, special needs programs); or
- Fewer than 12 credit hours are required to complete your associate’s or bachelor’s degree; or
- One term only during your four years of DSF Scholarship eligibility,
- Developmental education requirements preclude full-time enrollment; or
- Part-time enrollment is a condition of an academic appeal.
Instructions to submit the Part-Time Enrollment Form:
- Review the Part-Time Enrollment form with your DSF Campus Contact or Academic Advisor;
- Both you AND your DSF Campus Contact or Academic Advisor must sign and date this form;
- Upload and submit the signed form to DSF by July 15, 2018, for the Fall term or February 1, 2019, for the Winter/Spring terms at www.denverscholarship.org/contactus.
Enrollment without pre-approval:
If you enroll less than full-time without an approved Part-Time Enrollment form, you will be placed on scholarship suspension for the term(s) in which you are enrolled part-time. You must continue to meet all other DSF Scholarship requirements to be considered for an award when you increase to full-time enrollment.
15+ Credit-Hour Completion Awards
To encourage DSF Scholars to complete their degrees on time, Scholars in the 2017 and later cohorts may qualify to receive an credit completion incentive award payment, in addition to their DSF award, if you enroll in and successfully complete 15 or more credit hours in the current term at a community college or 4-year college/university.
DSF will confirm your enrollment level with the college’s office of financial aid each term. Enrollment in 15 or more credit hours will be determined as of the college’s census date (the date set by your college that typically marks the last day you can add or drop classes for a full tuition refund each term). Your regular DSF award (based on enrollment in 12 or more credits) will be sent to your college once your enrollment is confirmed, if you are meeting all DSF requirements.
DSF will confirm your successful completion of 15 or more credits with the college’s office of financial aid at the end of each term, before sending your additional award payment.
“Successful completion” means completion of a course in which you receive a grade of A, B, C, D, S/A, S/B, S/C, or S (or equivalent as determined by your college). If you receive a grade of I, F, U, U/D, U/F, W, or AW (or equivalent as determined by your college), credits from that course will not be counted in the determination of whether you successfully completed 15 or more credit hours in that term.
If, during the 2017-18 academic year, you received an incentive award payment in any two (2) terms but did not successfully complete 15 credit hours in those terms, you will not be eligible for further credit completion award payments.
You must meet all DSF requirements and qualify for a DSF scholarship award payment in order to be considered for a credit completion award.