The DSF Scholar Institute (DSI) seeks current Scholars in their first, second, or third year of college interested in gaining leadership skills and expanding their network.
For our graduating Scholars, please visit our Alumni Advisory Committee webpage to learn more about how to get involved.
The purpose of the DSF Scholar Institute is to:
- Provide participants with opportunities to gain and expand leadership skills.
- Enhance participants’ network through connections with fellow DSF Scholars.
- Encourage dialogue between participants and staff about current DSF projects.
The DSF Scholar Institute will meet from March 2018 to March 2019. Sessions will be held on Fridays from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm at MSU Denver (Auraria Campus), unless otherwise noted. Optional Scholar activities will be announced once confirmed.
Your attendance is essential and beneficial to the DSF Scholar Institute. If your schedule does not permit you to attend all the sessions, we recommend you postpone applying until your schedule can accommodate the time commitment.
- You will receive a $30 stipend check for each session. There are no stipends associated with any Scholar activities or additional events outside designated sessions.
- You are expected to arrive on time and remain for the entire session.
- Any participant who misses more than two sessions will not receive their $30 stipend for future sessions.
- We understand that attendance at all Scholar activities may not work with your schedule, please discuss with DSF College Success Coordinator once activities are confirmed.
–January 17, 2018 Application Process Begins
–February 23, 2018 Application Deadline
–March 9, 2018 Welcome Reception – Location TBA, 5:30 pm
–March 16, 2018 Session 1: What’s Your Story?
–April 2018 Optional Scholar Activity
–May 18, 2018 Session 2: Components of Leadership
–June 2018 Optional Scholar Activity
–July 27, 2018 Session 3: Leadership Development Part 1
–August 2018 Optional Scholar Activity
–September 14, 2018 Session 4: Leadership Development Part 2
–October 2018 Optional Scholar Activity
–November 9, 2018 Session 5: Pay It Forward
–December 2018 Optional Scholar Activity
–January 18, 2019 Session 6: Continuous Growth
–March 8, 2019 Celebration & Welcome New Members – Location TBA, 5:30 pm