Why Run for Team DSF
The Denver Scholarship Foundation (DSF) is making college possible for Denver Public Schools (DPS) students. Through your participation in the Colfax Marathon, you are a part of the possible.
- College Access. DSF works proactively with all DPS seniors at 12 Future Centers located inside DPS high schools. Each year DSF reaches about 14,000 students and their families.
- DSF awards need-based scholarships that can used over four years to DPS graduates attending college or technical school in Colorado. To date, DSF has awarded $36 million in scholarships to more than 6,300 DPS students.
- College Success. DSF partners directly with colleges to provide our scholarship recipients with extra financial aid and ongoing support to help them succeed and ultimately graduate. For every dollar DSF awards to its Scholars, DSF partners award an average of $2 in additional financial aid and about three-quarters of our scholars have either graduated or are still in school.
The races take place the weekend of May 19-20, 2018 in Denver. The Colfax Marathon has a distance for everyone with seven races over two days in the Mile High City. The 26.2 mile marathon runs through Denver’s iconic landmarks: Mile High Stadium (twice), Sloan’s Lake, City Park, Colfax Avenue, and the Colfax Half Marathon is the only race to run through the Denver Zoo. The Urban 10-Mile run, the 5K and the relays also provide unique Colorado entertainment along the route. Celebrate lakeside in Denver’s City Park after the race. Learn more at www.runcolfax.org.
Don’t Like to Run?
Here are some other ways you can support DSF:
- Spread the Word: You may not be a runner – but you probably know some! Ask your friends who are runners to select DSF as their charity partner when registering for the Colfax Marathon!
- Volunteer: DSF will have an informational booth setup under a tent at the Charity Partner Village for runners to visit after they are finished with their race. Sign up to volunteer for a couple of hours and help spread the word about the great work DSF is doing in our community! To sign up, contact Caroline Glynn at email@example.com.
- Fundraise: DSF staff will set up an online fundraising page and give you information and tools to help you! To request your own page, contact Caroline Glynn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Caroline Glynn, Communications and Alumni Manager
303.951.4145 or email@example.com