Denver Scholarship Foundation’s (DSF) Junior Board provides up-and-coming leaders and young professionals between the ages of 25-45 with an opportunity to make our mission possible while engaging with community experts, providing volunteer and networking opportunities and promoting professional, personal and civil growth.
Junior Board members have the unique opportunity to serve as advocates for DSF’s important work to empower Denver’s students, while advancing their personal, professional, and leadership skills.
For many students in Denver Public Schools, continuing their education beyond high school doesn’t seem like a viable option. Most often, it’s not low grades or lack of extracurricular activities keeping them from pursuing their dreams. There are thousands of intelligent, hard-working individuals facing the most intimidating barrier to college of all — they think it just isn’t possible. The Denver Scholarship Foundation is changing that. We’re making a college degree possible for Denver’s students. This is your chance to join this transformational work.
- Plan and execute Bash to the Future, the Junior Board’s signature fundraising event.
- Create 3-4 “feeder” happy hours/events throughout the year to promote and raise awareness for DSF, the Junior Board, and Bash to the Future event. These events may include guest speakers, DSF Scholars, and/or other programmatic elements.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Serve as an ambassador of DSF in the community
- Connect DSF to new individual and corporate contacts
- Generate ticket sales and solicit and secure event sponsors for Bash to the Future event
- Attend and participate in Junior Board meetings and DSF events on a regular basis
- Commit to a give or get financial commitment of a minimum of $500
Length of Term
Junior Board members serve a two year term. Terms may be renewed indefinitely. If a Junior Board member cannot fulfill his/her responsibilities then they may be asked to leave prior to the end of their term.
The Junior Board meets monthly, on the 2nd Tuesday of the month over lunch (12-1pm) at DSF. Board members are expected to attend at least 80% of meetings to hear organizational updates, report their progress, present new leads and/or request support from other Junior Board members and/or staff.
In addition to meetings, Junior Board members are expected to attend special events involving DSF whenever possible. Important events include:Future Center Visits (ongoing)
- Cocktails & Community – October 23, 2018
- DSF Breakfast – February 26, 2019
- Bash to the Future event – April 13, 2019
- Annual Gala – September 25, 2019
Junior Board Structure
Chair & Co-Chair, Event Chair & Co-Chair, Finance Chair & Co-Chair, Marketing Chair & Co-Chair, Membership Development Chair & Co-Chair, and Program Chair & Co-Chair
We are also seeking “Members at Large” to attend the feeder events/happy hours and help to support the Bash to the Future event.
How to Apply
The deadline to apply for the 2018-19 term has passed. Please check back later for more details!
Please contact Jessica Milnes, Director of Development, at email@example.com or 303-951-4152 with questions.
- Amber Milos, Chief Marketing Officer, Brandcards
- Ashleigh Fredrickson, Realtor, 8z Real Estate
- Aubrey Gordon, President, Sprocket Communications
- Blake Meservey, Financial Counselor, AMG National Trust
- Cassy Kicklighter Poole, Owner, Kaleidoscope Design
- Katie Meyer, Professional Development Coordinator, Holland & Hart LLP
- Kirsten Helgeland, VP, Marketing Operations, WellBiz Brands, Inc.
- Maricela Galvez, Esq., Community Volunteer
- Martin Coover, Partner, Jobplex
- Patience Peterson, Director of Marketing, B3
- Tomi Amos, Executive Director, Northfield High School Innovation Zone