In the summer of 2016, the Denver Scholarship Foundation Advisory Council was formed to activate emerging leaders in Denver’s community. The Emerging Leaders Advisory Council provides up-and-coming leaders (young professionals) with an opportunity to make our mission possible while engaging with community leaders and experts, providing volunteer and networking opportunities and promoting professional, personal and civil growth.
Members Enjoy a Multitude of Benefits Including
- A chance to make an impact and ensure that one of our most precious resources (Denver’s students) get the chances they deserve to better their lives and, in turn, contribute back to our great city.
- Direct access to network with Denver Scholarship Foundation Board of Directors and supporters (some of Denver’s most influential leaders).
- Invitations to exclusive special events, receptions, and community-building activities.
- Opportunities to strengthen your network by connecting with like-minded young professionals at social events and exclusive sessions with business and community leaders in the Denver area.
Members will be challenged to actively build awareness of the Denver Scholarship Foundation. The young people we serve are our future, and we must engage exponentially more people in our mission. Your voice, network and influence will help us reach our ambitious strategic plan goals that will make college possible for thousands more.
Emerging Leaders members will have the unique opportunity to serve as advocates for Denver Scholarship Foundation’s important work to empower Denver’s students, while advancing their personal, professional, and leadership skills.
For many students in Denver Public Schools, continuing their education beyond high school doesn’t seem like a viable option. Most often, it’s not low grades or lack of extracurricular activities keeping them from pursuing their dreams. There are thousands of intelligent, hard-working individuals facing the most intimidating barrier to college of all — they think it just isn’t possible. The Denver Scholarship Foundation is changing that. We’re making a postsecondary degree possible for Denver’s students. This is your chance to join this transformational work.
Roles, Responsibilities, & Accountability
The Emerging Leaders Advisory Council will consist of 25-30 members who are expected to actively participate in all council meetings and events. There will be two (2) committee meetings per year and various events and activities will be planned throughout the year.
Eligibility for Participation
- Desires to help further the vision and mission of the Denver Scholarship Foundation.
- Self identifies as a young professional (typically between the ages of 21 and 45) in the Denver metro area.
- Demonstrates an interest in developing leadership, fundraising, and advocacy skills.
- Actively participates in Advisory Council meetings and events.
- Works to increase awareness of and raise funds for the Denver Scholarship Foundation.
- Tomi Amos, Turnaround Support Manager, Colorado Department of Education
- Sam Battan, Director of Policy and Research, CO-Next/Office of Senator Mike Johnston
- Martin Coover Partner, Jobplex
- Aubrey Cornelius, President, Sprocket Communications
- Anthony Delgado, Financial Advisor, Merrill Lynch
- Lindsey and Pete Deol, Orthopedic Surgeon/Dentist
- Angelique Diaz, Environmental Engineer, US Environmental Protection Agency
- Louisa Diffey, Policy Researcher, Early Learning Department Education Commission of the States
- TeRay Esquibel, Admission Counselor, University of Denver
- Ashleigh Fredrickson, Realtor, 8z
- William Harrison, Product Specialist, Oppenheimer Funds
- Drew Hefflefinger, CoFounder, Wealth Advisor, Engage In Wealth
- Amy Kapoor, Senior Associate, Johnson Brennan & Klein PLLC
- Brian Kell, Vice President of Strategic Development, Colorado Equity Group
- Cassy Kicklighter Poole, Owner, Kaleidoscope Design
- Crystal Larson, Social Caseworker III, Adams County Human Services Department
- Jasmine Luke, Subcontract Administration Specialist, United Launch Alliance
- Alexis McClain, Sales Floor and SET Team Member, Core Power Yoga and Target
- Kevin McCloskey, Design Engineer, EnCon Design
- Blake Meservey , Financial Counselor, AMG National Trust
- Katie Meyer, Professional Development Coordinator, Holland & Hart LLP
- Felicia Michael, Web Communications Specialist, Denver Public Schools
- Amber Milos, Chief Marketing Officer, Brandcards
- Trent Niemeyer, Chief Technology Officer, Brandcards
- Patience Peterson, Director of Marketing and Communications, Crestone Capital LLC
- Nick Shariat, Operations Analyst , Chipotle Mexican Grill
- John Terrill, Producer, Landmark Insurance Group
- Cristal Torres Lopez, Student
- Brian Weldon, Assistant Vice President, Relationship Manager – Lending First Western Trust