The Alumni Advisory Committee (AAC) actively promotes and enhances the mission, values, and vision of DSF. The AAC is made up of DSF Alumni who are engaged in growing and strengthening our larger alumni population.
The purpose of the Alumni Advisory Committee (AAC) is to empower DSF Scholars & Alumni to grow professionally while inspiring them to contribute to the Denver community.
- Attend and participate in Alumni Advisory Committee meetings.
- Members are expected to attend (4) out of (6) committee meetings.
- Meetings take place in August, October, December, February, April, and June.
- Be an active member of the Events or Programming Subcommittee.
- Engage in Alumni Advisory Committee and DSF related events.
- Volunteer for DSF (10) hours outside Alumni Advisory Committee meetings and events.
- Commit to the $25 membership fee due by second official meeting.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Serve as a DSF Ambassador by promoting and representing the organization.
- Connect with and support fellow Alumni Advisory Committee members.
- Plan and implement committee activities and events.
- Engage in growing and strengthening the larger DSF Scholar & Alumni community.
- The purpose of the Events Subcommittee is to engage Scholars, Alumni, and community members to actively participate in DSF events including those hosted by the Alumni Advisory Committee. This subcommittee is also responsible for the logistics, recruitment, marketing, and fundraising of the Alumni Advisory Committee events.
- The purpose of the Programming Subcommittee is to create relevant content for Scholars and Alumni to support the pipeline from college to the workforce through professional development, mentorship, and community engagement. The subcommittee is also responsible for the content of Alumni Advisory Committee events such as agendas, workshops, learning objectives, and evaluation.
Alumni Advisory Committee Leadership
- Esmeralda Rodriguez, Co-Chair
- Myrna Hernandez, Co-Chair
- Cristina Chacon, Events
- Abel Estrada, Programming
Alumni Advisory Committee Members
- Bryant Burciaga
- Diana Casillas
- Monica Castaneda
- Alyssa Diaz
- Angelo Fajardo
- Jehovana Flores
- Gladis Guerrero Gee
- Jose Miguel Jara-Garcia
- Lorena Luna
- Amodj Manga
- Jesus Medrano
- Assael Ramirez
- Kaeyla Taylor
- Alejandra Venzor