The Alumni Advisory Committee (AAC) actively promotes and enhances the mission, values, and vision of the Denver Scholarship Foundation. The AAC is made up of Denver Scholarship Graduates who are engaged in growing and strengthening our larger alumni population.
Pictured from left to right: (Back row) Angelo Fajardo, Evan Romero, Kevin McCloskey, Bryant Burciaga, Eduardo Viezca, Esmeralda Rodriguez, Monica Castaneda, Assael Ramirez (Middle row) Cristina Chacon, Myrna Hernandez, Alejandra Venzor, JoJo Zheng, Gladis Guerrero, Angelica Cruz (Front row) Asia Porter (Not pictured) Vinh Le, Linh Le
During the 2016-17 school year AAC plans to focus on the following efforts:
- Social networking and volunteer opportunities.
- Regional meetups across the Front Range.
- An annual reunion of DSF Alumni.
The purpose of the AAC is to create a space for DSF Alumni and graduates to share their experiences and offer suggestions related to various aspects of the organization. Major responsibilities of AAC members:
- Serve as a DSF Ambassador at campus events, fundraisers, board meetings, etc.
- Develop and build a community for all DSF Alumni.
- Help develop and implement strategies for student success.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of DSF Alumni events, including networking and professional development opportunities.
- Attend four out of six AAC meetings (July, September, November, January, March, May).
- Participate in additional events outside of committee meeting times.
- $25 membership fee that is donated back to DSF (exceptions can be made).
Alumni Advisory Committee Leadership
- Angelo Fajardo, Co-Chair
- Esme Rodriguez, Co-Chair
- Myrna Hernandez (Programs)
- Evan Romero (Events)
Alumni Advisory Committee Members
- Bryant Burciaga
- Angelica Cruz
- Gladis Guerrero
- Linh Le
- Kevin McCloskey
- Vinh Le
- Asia Porter
- Assael Ramirez
- Ale Venzor
- Eduardo Viezca
- JoJo Zheng
- Tomi Amos, Turnaround Support Manager, Colorado Department of Education
- Sam Battan, Director of Policy and Research, CO-Next/Office of Senator Mike Johnston
- Martin Coover Partner, Jobplex
- Aubrey Cornelius, President, Sprocket Communications
- Anthony Delgado, Financial Advisor, Merrill Lynch
- Lindsey and Pete Deol, Orthopedic Surgeon/Dentist
- Angelique Diaz, Environmental Engineer, US Environmental Protection Agency
- Louisa Diffey, Policy Researcher, Early Learning Department Education Commission of the States
- TeRay Esquibel, Admission Counselor, University of Denver
- Ashleigh Fredrickson, Realtor, 8z
- William Harrison, Product Specialist, Oppenheimer Funds
- Drew Hefflefinger, CoFounder, Wealth Advisor, Engage In Wealth
- Amy Kapoor, Senior Associate, Johnson Brennan & Klein PLLC
- Brian Kell, Vice President of Strategic Development, Colorado Equity Group
- Cassy Kicklighter Poole, Owner, Kaleidoscope Design
- Crystal Larson, Social Caseworker III, Adams County Human Services Department
- Jasmine Luke, Subcontract Administration Specialist, United Launch Alliance
- Alexis McClain, Sales Floor and SET Team Member, Core Power Yoga and Target
- Kevin McCloskey, Design Engineer, EnCon Design
- Blake Meservey , Financial Counselor, AMG National Trust
- Katie Meyer, Professional Development Coordinator, Holland & Hart LLP
- Felicia Michael, Web Communications Specialist, Denver Public Schools
- Amber Milos, Chief Marketing Officer, Brandcards
- Trent Niemeyer, Chief Technology Officer, Brandcards
- Patience Peterson, Director of Marketing and Communications, Crestone Capital LLC
- Nick Shariat, Operations Analyst , Chipotle Mexican Grill
- John Terrill, Producer, Landmark Insurance Group
- Cristal Torres Lopez, Student
- Brian Weldon, Assistant Vice President, Relationship Manager – Lending First Western Trust