Community College of Denver
Student Success Requirements, 2017-18
DSF wants you to succeed as you pursue your education, and in partnership with the Community College of Denver DSF Scholars are provided with additional support on campus to help you be successful. DSF Scholars must meet certain Student Success Requirements to maintain scholarship eligibility.
Click on the button below to download a PDF of the Student Success Requirements at CCD for 2017-2018, plus details on reaching your campus contact.
Student Support Programs
The Denver Scholarship Foundation wants every college student to successfully complete a college degree or certificate. Below are some helpful resources and programs that are available at CCD.
- SEED: Students Empowered Educated Determined – supports the successful transfer of DSF Scholars from CCD to any four-year institution, with special attention to scholars transferring to either CU Denver or MSU Denver.
- Colorado Challenge – Colorado Challenge College Counselors work with students throughout their college career, focusing on assisting students in discerning pathways to graduation, navigating the academic world, developing soft skills (e.g. time management and finances), adjusting to the emotional and social challenges of postsecondary education, and the many additional concerns students encounter.
- TRIO Student Support Services – provides comprehensive academic, financial and personal guidance within an active community of students and staff. All TRIO SSS participants are overcoming obstacles to higher education—such as limited income, first generation to college, or disability—en route to graduation and transfer.
- Educational Opportunity Center – offers many services to help you succeed, including educational planning and counseling, career exploration counseling, student financial aid advising, financial literacy, and assistance with scholarship searches, as well as college preparation workshops throughout the year.
- First Year Experience Program – designed to help you transition into and complete your first year at CCD with ease and success. This program will help you with your adjustment to college in areas such as time management, study skills, test taking skills, and so much more.
- UMI: Urban Male Initiative – This unique program serves all male students of CCD by recognizing the unique challenges you face as an urban male. Through UMI, CCD works to develop leaders who are ethically disciplined, morally wise, and intellectually capable.
- WISE: Women Intentional about Success & Excellence – Empowering women through educational, leadership and professional development is the overall objective of WISE. WISE strives to ensure participants have access to resources, programming, and services that will meet their needs while creating a campus climate that is cognizant of gender issues faced by women students.