University of Northern Colorado
Student Success Requirements, 2018-19
DSF wants you to succeed as you pursue your education, and in partnership with the University of Northern Colorado DSF Scholars are provided with additional support on campus to help you be successful. DSF Scholars must meet certain Student Success Requirements to maintain scholarship eligibility.
Click on the button below to download a PDF of the Student Success Requirements at UNC for 2018-2019, plus details on reaching your campus contact.
Student Support Programs
The Denver Scholarship Foundation wants every college student to successfully complete a college degree or certificate. Below are some helpful resources and programs available at UNC.
- TRIO Student Support Services (SSS)/Center for Human Enrichment (CHE) – facilitates the successful academic progress and graduation of first-generation college students. The program is comprised of five interconnected and innovative components: curriculum and instruction, academic advising, tutoring, educational technology, and research and assessment.
- LEAP: Learning through Engaging & Authentic Practices – The goal of the program is to foster and cultivate an inclusive environment for students seeking pre-health degrees in biology or chemistry. Involvement with LEAP will enhance both your academic and personal life as you develop confidence, competency and autonomy.
- Global Leadership Program (GLP) – The Global Leadership Program (GLP) will be a scholarship funded study abroad option that usually takes place in the summer between Sophomore and Junior year and culminates in a synthesis presentation at the end of Senior year. Students must have good standing in the Leadership Studies Minor, generally apply in their Sophomore year, and receive partial funding for the study abroad experience. All in all, GLP will be designed to give students the opportunity to further question their assumptions about the world and incorporate a broader perspective into their leadership development.
- This program is set to debut in Fall 2018. Please check back later for application information.
- Connections Summer Bridge Program – The purpose of Connections is to prepare new CHE participants for a successful first year of college. During the four day summer bridge program, students will have the opportunity to meet other first-year CHE participants and staff and engage in interactive and fun activities.