University of Colorado Colorado Springs
Student Success Requirements, 2018-19
DSF wants you to succeed as you pursue your education, and in partnership with the University of Colorado Colorado Springs DSF Scholars are provided with additional support on campus to help you be successful. DSF Scholars must meet certain Student Success Requirements to maintain scholarship eligibility.
Click on the button below to download a PDF of the Student Success Requirements at UCCS for 2018-2019, plus details on reaching your campus contact.
Cragmor Hall 202
Student Support Programs
The Denver Scholarship Foundation wants every college student to successfully complete a college degree or certificate. Below are some helpful resources and programs available at UCCS.
- First2Go – a program for first-generation students to see and meet peers, faculty, and staff who are/were also first-generation students. Throughout a students’ college career, other first-generation students, faculty, and staff serve as their support, community, cheerleaders, and role models.
- First Year Experience & Transfer Student Connections –The goal of this program is to assist both freshmen and transfer students through their first year at UCCS in their academic and personal goals, and to help make sure students are working effectively toward their goals.
- Gateway Program Seminar – A unique, academic course designed for the interests and needs of UCCS freshmen. This required course exposes students to in-depth analysis of an interdisciplinary topic or academic discipline while also preparing first year students for academic and psychological adjustments to college life.
- LIVE Leadership – The Launching Integrity, Values and Excellence (LIVE) Leadership Program is designed to cultivate leadership skill among a dedicated group of emerging student leaders. Open to incoming, first year freshmen, the program combines co-curricular training, mentorship and applied campus leadership experience with an emphasis on civic engagement. Admission to the program is paired with a four year, $1000 per year LIVE Leadership Scholarship.
- MOSAIC Gateway Program – Provides holistic admission review and learning communities for students who face particular academic and social challenges but show strong potential to succeed in college. The learning community is designed to provide added layers of support needed to promote academic and social success for MOSAIC Scholars.
- UCCS Lead –UCCS Lead is a new student leadership development program at UCCS with the goal of developing engaged and ethical world-changing leaders. The program is open to all undergraduate students and incorporates leadership training, academic coursework, and engaged leadership experiences. Upon successful completion of the program requirements and graduation from UCCS, students will receive recognition on a co-curricular leadership transcript, as well as graduation recognition.
- Chancellors Leadership Class – The Chancellors Leadership Class seeks to inspire and equip UCCS students with leadership character and skills to become impactful leaders on campus and community shapers upon graduation.