Metropolitan State University of Denver
Student Success Requirements, 2019-20
DSF wants you to succeed as you pursue your education, and in partnership with the Metropolitan State University of Denver DSF Scholars are provided with additional support on campus to help you be successful. DSF Scholars must meet certain Student Success Requirements to maintain scholarship eligibility.
Click on the button below to download a PDF of the Student Success Requirements at MSU for 2019-2020, plus details on reaching your campus contact.
DSF Campus Advisor
Student Success Building, 231
Financial Aid Office
Student Success Building, Area 6, Suite 130
890 Auraria Parkway
Denver, CO 80204
Student Support Programs
The Denver Scholarship Foundation wants every college student to successfully complete a college degree or certificate. Below are some helpful resources and programs that are available at MSU Denver.
- DSF Leadership Program @ MSU Denver – focus on building scholars’ connection to campus resources faculty, staff, and peers; and leadership qualities through activities and training, such as: Leadership development, community building, academic support, and mentorship.
- Click here to complete an interest form for the DSF Leadership Program if you are interested in participating in the program starting in the Fall. Your contact information will be provided to the DSF Leadership Program staff, and we will follow-up with you after the DSF application closes in April.
- College Works Summer Employment Program – frames the summer before your first year at MSU Denver to provide on-campus employment, knowledge of MSU Denver resources, and connection to MSU Denver students and staff.
- TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) – dedicated to the public good by creating a campus community where students’ individual goals are nurtured by providing support in an inclusive environment to achieve graduation and life success.
- Access Center – provides leadership to the university community to ensure that qualified students with disabilities have equal access to University programs, services, and activities through academic accommodations and collaboration in order to advance MSU Denver’s commitment to inclusive excellence.
- Brother 2 Brother – designed to assist students to build strong study habits, organizational skills, and test taking skills. Develops social activities to create a sense of community for male students including the development of friendships with peers and students.
- Immigrant Services – serves MSU Denver’s refugee and immigrant students (including ASSET and DACA) and any student whose first or home language is not English. We provide personalized advising and academic support services for students beginning with the admissions process through graduation.
- Urban Leadership Program – created to enhance the leadership experience at MSU Denver. The program consists of coursework and experiential learning components.
- Honors Program – designed to develop in our students the ability to apply critical and creative thinking as well as conduct high-quality research and creative work. Honors students also learn to integrate a variety of disciplines in their approach to a given project, demonstrate civic and intercultural knowledge and engagement, and reflect critically upon their values and the learning process.
- The EPIC Scholars Program – supports independent MSU Denver students who come from foster care, kinship care, or group homes. The goal of the program is to create a community of support for students and help them reach the goal of graduation and securing a job after graduation.
- CO-WY AMP (Colorado Wyoming Alliance for Minority Participation) – provides financial, educational, and personal support to African American, Hispanic American, Pacific Islanders, and Native American students who plan to seek degrees in Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Computers Information Systems, or Computer Science. Includes free individual tutoring, scholarship opportunities, stipends for class completion, and a passport to success program.