Colorado Christian University
2016-17 DSF Student Success Requirements
Colorado Christian University is an official DSF Partner College that provides DSF Scholars with additional support on campus to help you be successful. DSF wants you to succeed as you pursue your education. To that end, students at CCU must meet certain Student Success Requirements to maintain scholarship eligibility. Please note Student Success Requirements may change from year to year. Please review this page for the most accurate information concerning your Student Success Requirements.
Please click on the button below to download a PDF of the Student Success Requirements for 2016-2017, plus details on reaching your campus contact.
Requirements for All Students
- Maintain current DSF check-in requirements with designated Campus Contact for all DSF Scholars.
- DSF scholars must meet with their Life Directions Center advisor at least once per semester. More visits are encouraged! Advisors assist with academic advising and other academic support services such as tutoring, early academic alerts, mentoring, and focusing on self-efficacy.
Requirements for New and Transfer Students
- Must meet with their DSF Campus Contact/Life Directions Center advisor within 30 days of the beginning of class each semester.
- New DSF Scholars are also required to participate in a 3 credit First Year Integration course their first semester at CCU. New transfer students are required to participate in a 1 credit Transfer Integration course their first semester at CCU. These courses include strengths and gifts assessment, a New Student Retreat, campus resource trainings, registration training and Student Success workshops.
Requirements for Continuing CCU Students
- Must meet with their DSF Campus Contact/Life Directions Center advisor within 60 days of the beginning of class each semester.
- Returning DSF scholars are also required to participate in a second year review with their LDC advisor. This process reviews a student’s current academic progress, plans out their remaining semesters at CCU, reviews graduation requirements and academic requirements, and encourages students to begin career development opportunities or graduate school investigation if the student is planning to pursue graduate school soon after college graduation.
30-Day Check-In Deadline: September 21, 2016
60-Day Check-In Deadline: October 21, 2016
30-Day Check-In Deadline: February 14, 2017
60-Day Check-In Deadline: March 17, 2017
Life Directions Center